n bent bit of wire intended to collect radio waves for your computer, television or some such device. The manufacturers don’t call them bent bits of wire. Their marketing chaps have many fancy words like “impedance” and “gain,” but back at the factory all the guys are just bending wire. Americans call these devices “antennas,” though aerial is in limited use in the U.S., too.

In categories


Related words

zed, Zimmer, AGA, answerphone

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *